Friday, December 16, 2011

Today Forward...

Yep, we are back! Where did the two years go? I have no idea. The time has flown by and I can't keep up. Life for our family has been nothing short of chaos with alot of ups and downs and learning curves, but at the end of the day we can say that we have truly been blessed in the midst of it.
After ten years in Payson Utah, we decided it was time to move on. We loved living there. It was hard to leave our house, friends, family, and life. After packing up ten years, we are now living in a very small town called Sunsites Arizona. It is a retirement community with alot of "Grandma's and Grandpa's" Georgia says. Maddie goes to a school with 85 kids total from K-8th grade. I really thought we were crazy coming here, but after 2 months, this is where we are supposed to be right now. Crazy how that works.

We are liking it, surprisingly. We are together as a family more. We have Scott home every night and the girls are loving it. I was worried about Maddie not having alot of kids in the neighborhood to play with, me feeling isolated, and Georgia not having any other kids her age to learn to share with. I was wrong about all of this. There are a few kids (not alot) that Maddie has made friends with with good families. She is liking school. It is definitely different she says, but it's a good experience for her. Georgia has a little friend named Shaylee who is 3.

I like that the evenings are spent doing homework, cooking dinner, and spending time together as a family. We live to far away from take-out so I have to cook! It has been good for both Scott and I. After the last four years of him working so much and traveling, especially this past year, it is finally good to have him home more. I am trying new recipes and Scott is getting very good at the barbeque. We have no family close so we have to rely on each other. We do everything together, shop, take walks, ride bikes; Scott and I even get up in the morning and attempt to excercise.

Church has been good. We are in a branch with maybe 50 people on a good Sunday. In the two months we've been here, we have spoke in sacrament, I got called to Relief Society 2nd counselor, Scott got called to branch missionary, I have taught a lesson, put on a RS christmas dinner and program, and next week have to help with the branch christmas dinner. Let's just say, we are not lacking for things to do. I do love the seniors. They have a unique wit about them and they are not afraid to say what is on thier mind! I look forward to learning from them. They are all a very grateful and humble people. It is neat to see.

Pictures to come...




3 comments:

Steph said...

Melyssa, I'm so glad you're keeping a blog again. This will be a great way to keep up with you guys so far away. It's amazing how much your girls have grown up in just the short time you've been gone. We miss you guys so much! Keep the posts coming please.
Love, Steph
ps-I hope we get to see you guys in California.

Steph said...

Also, I love your pictures!

Steph

Jana Brookes said...

Yeah for an update! I was just thinking about you today when I drove by your old neighborhood to pick something up from Logan's school and wondering how you guys were! Then I saw you posted on your blog. Ha ha! It's fun to hear about how it's different but that you love it still. Miss you! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and keep up on the blog! Ours is jamesandjanabrookes.blogspot.com if you want to check it out