Monday, December 8, 2008

Glad it's only once a year...


It officially looks like Christmas at our house!  I just have to say for the record, I love Christmas.  
BUT, I spent a whole day decorating, unloading boxes from storage, retrieving the christmas trees from the garage, vacuuming and vacuuming, cleaning, rearranging furniture, all just so in 3 weeks I can retrieve all the empty boxes, and repack it all to put it away only to do it all over again next year! 
Is is worth it?  Well, the smile on my daughters face as we decorated "the family tree,"  which is downstairs, with all the homemade and school ornaments, along with an ornament from all the places we have been, listening to her questions about how will Santa will fit down our gas fireplace, and how she can't wait for Christmas to get here (the innocence of children) I have to say Ok, it was worth it, but the exhaustion I felt by the end of the day, I have to say, I am glad it only comes once a year. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

cute tree! You are such a good decorater! I hope that y'all have a great Christmas!

Dani Lou said...

Your tree is so pretty!!! Yeah it does sound like a pain, though.